Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Friday, August 18, 2006

Calling financial gurus...

InfoRxMed poses a tough question on my Careers for Boomers and 50 Plus group. I'm looking for resources to answer this dilemma. If you have expertise, please comment -- either here, on the Gen Plus blog (genplus.blogspot.com) or to the topic:

http://community.eons.com/groups/topic/1533-Has-anyone-reached-their-6-s-and-had-to-take-LTD-

Here is the question:

Has anyone reached their 60s and had to take LTD/long-term disability? How did they manage thereafter. The plan I have awards me about $82,500 free of Federal and local State tax. I do also have 401K & IRA investments but would prefer not touching them for about 5 years so as to allow them to grow and get nearer to that amount the gurus say I should have saved at 63 y/o ( but didn't.)

No comments: