Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

To Grey or Not to Grey? That is the question.

Jobseekers at Gen Plus often have questions about attacking the job market at 50 Plus. Interestingly, one question that keeps popping up has to do with dyeing their hair.

"I'm up for an interview at a corporation. I had let my hair go grey at my prior job. Should I dye it?"

Many of you blog-surfing are under 50. What advice would you give this candidate? (It is a woman.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night I saw Joan Baez (remember her with long black hair!)being interviewed on television. Guess what? Her hair was grey and short. She looked great. I suppose that she is not looking for a job, though.
Ilene

Anonymous said...

I liked your information in this post. Too bad it doesn't have more on backstage pass. I was looking for backstage pass in my area. Enjoyed reading what you have. I'll check back later when I get some spare time next week. Thanks JS, founder, Gen Plus.

Anonymous said...

I was doing research on backstage pass and came across your site JS, founder, Gen Plus. The title this post attracked me. This is good reading, I'll pass it on to my girlfriend. She likes this kind of stuff. If you or any of your readers can help or offer information on backstage pass let me know. Glad I ran into your inspiration. I like to read blogs for creative ideas and themes. I get a lot of good ideas for acting. Thanks again for your time. Keep it up.