Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Are you a Recruiter? Kelly Scientific may be looking for you!

I'd like to take an opportunity to feature one of our employers, Kelly Scientific Resources. Midwest Regional Recruiting Manager, Steve Brainard, has posted 4 positions of particular interest to any of you who are recruiters living in Tampa, Kansas City, St. Louis, or Minneapolis.


Being a Kelly girl (as I once was and no, I'm not in the pic) isn't what it used to be. When I was a Kelly Girl, I had never used a computer before. I walked into the office and the recruiter set me up on a Word 4.0 tutorial. I did really well (or so I thought) and off they sent me on my first job. Not to bore you with all the details, but I had not been shown HOW to turn the computer ON. I also didn't know how to save a file to any destination other than the C: drive. I didn't even know what I didn't know! Yup -- never found the document I'd spent the entire day on. Manager was not too happy. We can leave that story behind.
Fast forward to the 21st century and you'll experience a very different type of recruiting and a range and depth of positions that might surprise you. You can take a detailed look at the job posting through logging in on Gen Plus (if you haven't joined, then you can set up your free membership right away.) You can apply online, via email or give Steve a call. He'd love to hear from Gen Plussers. Make sure to tell him Wendy from Gen Plus sent you.
P.S. And, while I became a bit unglued over not knowing how to turn the darn computer on on that first day (which I never forgot about and am now really, really good turning my computer on and off and on again!), I did love being a Kelly Girl with my folders and my papers and my timesheets at the ready! Never hurts to give it a try.

No comments: