Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Friday, January 04, 2008

It's January 4th and You've Forgotten Your Resolutions? Help is on the WAY!

Have you heard of Judy Marcus? She's the Memory Lady and she's got the goods on keeping those memory cells sharp.

Are you one of those people who just couldn't remember who you met at the holiday parties this year? Heading out in the New Year to make a bunch of new contacts wherever you go? Well, here's the SKINNY on Remembering People's Names.

If you want to improve your memory so you can remember the names of the people you meet, then a ccording to Judy Marcus, (Memory Lady and Author of WHERE ARE MY KEYS?), you will, if you use the SLIM rules:

1. Set your intention. Focus. Think, "YES, I can!"
2. Love the name of each person you choose to remember.
3. If a name gets stuck on the tip-of-your-tongue, just take a deep breath and start talking.
4. Make yourself memorable too.

For more information on how to LOVE what you remember, click on Judy's Blog or visit Judy's website: www.memorylady.com.

So...what were those resolutions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before my resolutions I crafted an underlying theme for 2008, condensed into a slogan.

It is a "first things first" way for me to set a concrete context for the adventure story I want for the next chapter of my life story.

My but that sounds loftier than I intended yet (if not now then when?) it jump started my thinking and motivation.
http://www.movingfrommetowe.com/2007/12/28/what’s-your-personal-slogan-to-live-by-in-2008/