Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Blogging Boomers Carnival #37

I'm this week's host of our fearless Blogging Boomers Carnival -- a collection of some of the most interesting bits from some of the web's best Boomer and 50 plus sites around. Summer is barely over, but we're tripping over Fall this week!

At Gen Plus, Labor Day may be over, but there is some encouraging news on the horizon for 50 plus jobseekers!

More exciting news: The Boomer Chronicles covered the recent AARP "Life@50+" national event and expo in Boston, which drew 27,000+ participants. Apparently, it was a heckuva lot of fun! There are multiple posts on The Boomer Chronicles blog. Check them out.

Your Drum swings into the fall film season with oscar caliber films. Here are eighteen for your consideration. And while you stock up on your film quota for the season, forget the popcorn...eat some almonds! Find out why eating three almonds a day makes sense to keep cancer away at So Baby Boomer!

What is a film without music? I Remember JFK brings some sweet memories of my youth...and yours, too: "I had a close relationship with
our phonograph records when I was a kid. Playing them on the portable player (it had a beautiful red plaid pattern on the outside) made me feel very grown up. It meant my parents and older brothers trusted me to listen to their records without damaging them. And as far as I know, I held up my end of the bargain. There was a lot of fun to be had with records. Sure, you could listen to them at their intended speed. But things really rocked when you played them at different speeds."

Speaking of rocking...Life Two brings some food for thought to this week's table. “I hope I die before I get old”. It's common wisdom that rock stars "live fast, die young" but is it true? Head over to Life Two for the answer.


At the Wastrel Show, find out more about how retirement, which can be a financial challenge, can also be one of financial accomplishments.
You're never too old to learn.

Now that you've figured out where you are getting the money...how about going on a trip? Well, it's not the prettiest site in the world, but it certainly is useful. The Universal Packing List will generate a customised packing list for any holiday or vacation trip you choose to undertake.
Check it out over at Contemporary Retirement.

And with the few bucks you have left over after your jet-setting, don't forget that fall fashions have hit the stores, If you are like me, then you are a Bewildered Boomer Babe, wondering what styles will best work for you. For relevant advice on the latest trends
check out what Deborah and JoJami, The Glam Gals, have to say over at Fabulous after 40.

Hope you enjoy the posts!





3 comments:

RobinSlick said...

I love this! Thanks - I will add you to my list of links!

(Babyboomer mother of two rocks stars ages 20 and 21 respectively who are in a band with a legendary musician my age...I think that qualifies me)

Janet Spiegel said...

Thank you! Anyone who loves The Beatles is always welcome here and you look like a fantastic writer. Gonna have to get those books.

Wendy

RobinSlick said...

Well, here's a deal for you - I will mail you an autographed copy of Three Days in NYC as a gift...and if you like it, you can order to sequel which will be out in paperback in 2-3 weeks. If you're up for it, email me your mailing address and I'll send it write out - Robin81700@aol.com

xo
Rob