Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blogging Boomers Carnival #38

I love being a part of the Blogging Boomers Carnival. This week hosted over at I Remember JFK, my all-time favorite nostaligia site, I delight in learning something new, each week from niche experts. So today, in addition to pointing you to the post about our carnival, because I'm so smitten with what our host has written this week, I'm also republishing his post! As you read through the different posts, you'll see why I get so excited.

"I Remember JFK is privileged to host this Week's Blogging Boomers Carnival. And off we go!
Free lunch seminars are a rapidly expanding tactic as investment salespeople target the estimated $15 trillion in assets controlled by Americans 65 and older. The aging bubble of wealthy Baby Boomers makes them "prime targets for scam artists," says SEC Chairman Christopher Cox. Get the details
here.

On September 24th, LifeTwo is going to help you become happier. Click here for details.

Gen Plus [ed. note: yes, that's me!] ponders a terrific Wall Street Journal article on how employers mayneed to reinvent themselves in order to entice the 50 plus employee. Read more.

Chandra Alexander, life coach and author, spent ten years in India studying meditation with Sri Muktananda. Chandra talks of her experience. Read more.

Over at Fabulous after 40 Deborah and JoJami tell us their number #1 fashion rule, and how not following it can lead to some very embarrassing situations, as one poor boomer babe found out. Read more.

Of course, reminiscing is our mottoe here at I Remember JFK. But Rhea has her own bad case of it over at The Boomer Chronicles. Check it out.

And last, but certainly not least, did you know that you have a 50-50 chance of being incapacitated by backache within the next year? Head over to Contemporary Retirement to find out what you can do to avoid it.

Is that a great collection of Boomer articles, or what?? I'll be back tomorrow with another I Remember JFK memory."

No comments: