Welcome to the Gen Plus Blog

It's a backstage pass to info on jobs and life at 50+. Gen Plus, headed by Janet Wendy Spiegel, is dedicated to baby boomers and the plus generation of age 50 and older. Read up and speak out on issues affecting your future: jobs, income, life and respect.

About Me

My photo
Northridge, California, United States
Successful businesswoman, consultant, entrepreneur. I operate two businesses -- social media consulting, AND premium pet care services in the West San Fernando Valley. Love what I do, love life.

Gen Plus has relocated to www.GenPlusUSA.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Al Gore, Nobel, Going Green and Finding Jobs at 50 plus

I was listening to a snippet of Al Gore's acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize. His efforts on advocating for green actions to reduce and/or adapt to global warming are quite exceptional. A few things struck me.

1) He had to reinvent himself after a particularly hard fall. Not much can be more humbling or devastating than to lose a federal election in the way he did.

2) He has dedicated himself to the cause of our global environment.

3) He is 50 plus (he's 59.)


I have an idea just circling around in my head. I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet, but it definitely has to do with connecting 50 plus jobseekers, global warming, and green action to address the planetary crisis we are finding ourselves in.


Just a few thoughts:



There is a connection here. I've got my antennae up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I'd take the word of a noted meteorologist over the word of a career politician.

Janet Spiegel said...

In my view, given that Mr. Gore has just received a Nobel peace prize for his outstanding efforts over the past decade, combined with the outrageous weather patterns over the past several years, I sit on the side of trying to take action to respect and preserve the planet we inhabit.

Even if this is mother nature playing on her own turf, as is her privilege, as the world's #1 fossil-fuel burner, every citizen of the US needs to sit up, take notice, and contribute to a greener future for our kids and grandkids.